Sunday, March 22, 2009

St. Pat's

Spinach, Garden Lettuce, and Apples with Lemon-Honey Dressing
This dressing was amazing. Unfortunately, I don't remember how I made it, except that it had lemon juice and honey in it.

Colcannon (vegan and not)
Burnt. My fault.

Soda Bread (non vegan, with raisins)
I think that my favorite soda bread would be a hybrid. Yes on both whole wheat and butter. Yes also to raisins. Light on the sugar. This was the white flour, high sugar, butter, and raisins version from the Bread Bible. If I had to go to one extreme, I'd pick this one. But a little more bran and a little less sweet would be perfect.

Vegan Irish Baby with Turnip and Beets in an Asian Glaze
The baby was chewy and delicious. The Asian glaze was also delicious, but a little out of place.

Beef and Guinness Stew
Tragic waste of cow. This is one of my favorite recipes, but in the rush of the cooking shift, the stew got cooked at too high a temperature, and the meat was horrible and chewy. Next time, don't plan a beef stew unless it can start early! (Note: Margit did exactly this a couple of weeks later, and the result was an amazing falling apart almost rendang-like beef and beer and carrot dish. With roasted cauliflower.)

Lentils with Mustard Dressing
Standard. Good. I'd be happy if we always had this in the fridge.

Guinness Cake (vegan and not)
Margit, ahead of time. The recipe did not scale well to the large pans, and the vegan version didn't hold together too well. But it all tasted great. Especially the crumbly vegan disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment