Tuesday, September 29, 2009

29 Sept 09

Green Salad with Moosewood Japanese Dressing (by Megan Williams- very good)

Sushi Roll Salad from Epicurious, modified for house (brown and white)
(the wasabi dressing was terrible! I can't figure out why; I've made it before successfully.

Tilapia with Pineapple/Orange/Soy Sauce and Ginger

Baked Tofu with same

Nasu Dengaku Soup
Eggplant, chickpeas, veggie broth, miso, peanut butter, soy sauce, mirin, sugar, scallions added at end. Better than I expected.

Minimalist Black Bean Salad, Japanese Variant, Served Warm with Seaweed. This was kind of gross when I just followed the recipe, because I hadn't really cut the onions small enough. So I added a little more soy than was demanded, and simmered it for an extra half hour. It turned into more of a Japanese Variant on Mexican pot beans than on American Bean Salad, but it was quite yummy. Should have mixed the seaweed in, though.

Chard and Spinach with a little soy, rice vinegar, and tahini

Strawberries from a Stranger

No comments:

Post a Comment